Links to other MYM Resources

This is the place to put links to any other MYM related information you find on the web.
mymdosadmin
Site Admin

Links to other MYM Resources

Post by mymdosadmin »

Mike Starkey's FAQ site for MYM: http://www.starkeysoftware.com/MYM/
Lots of good answers to various questions. Hard to get in touch with him. Can provide modified files if you can contact him.

Money & Investing forum on Compuserve.com: http://community.compuserve.com/money
Enter MYM in the search criteria, be careful, there is an Internet search box and a site search box, make sure you use the right one.

Bernie157

Re: Links to other MYM Resources

Post by Bernie157 »

The Compuserve forum link as posted didn't work for me. I think this is more correct to get to the home page of the forum.

http://community.compuserve.com/n/pfx/f ... g=ws-money
--------
Bernie in IL

asajay

Post by asajay »

Interesting. I just tried both and they both took me to the same place, though one went directly and the other got there after one redirect. I'd say the second link, the one provided by Bernie is the better one since it really does take you more directly there.

Thanks Bernie,
Asa Jay
Forum Sponsor and Prime Moderator.

RLS2004

Post by RLS2004 »

Does anyone know of a source for blank MYM Personal (or Business size) Checks? Years ago they were available from Deluxe Check Company but are no longer included in their catalog. Is there another way of printing checks from MYM? Thanks. RLS

Marcel

Post by Marcel »

I do not know who to send this to or post but I just thought I would let you know that I had contact with Mike in the past about 2006 & I recently ran across his info & well his e-mail address has changed

Bernie157

Post by Bernie157 »

ALL forums at compuuserve.com have been removed as of some time in December 2017.

I created an MYM Users group in Facebook over a year ago.
--------
Bernie in IL

RLS2004

Post by RLS2004 »

Hi, 1/1/2018
I just closed out 2016 (2017 and 2018 active) using MYM Dos Ver 9. Everything is still working nicely but I'm having a minor problem with my "CASH" account. I reconcile all the bank accounts but never this CASH account. I've discovered that this account is getting huge and forcing me to zip the budget file to fit on a 3.5" floppy disk.

When Starting a new year there is an option that recommends saving un-reconciled entries but does ALL accounts ... or None. Any hints for saving the un-reconciled entries for the bank accounts and remove them from CASH?

I think I could delete the cash account and open a new account eg "PocketMoney" but have not been motivated enough to do so.

Thanks for assistance. I'll check out MYM users group on FaceBook.
RLS

Bernie157

Post by Bernie157 »

It would behoove to upgrade to V12. I have files I could send you to install V12 if you send your email address to mine: bernie.levy@yahoo.com.

I suggest you reconcile your cash account, even if it creates a Statement Adjustment entry.
--------
Bernie in IL

Bernie157

Re: Links to other MYM Resources (Compuserve Forums are GONE

Post by Bernie157 »

Compuserve Forums are GONE. There is a MYM Users group (created by me) on Facebook. This forum seems good. If anyone knows another resource disussing MYM for DOS, please post here.
--------
Bernie in IL

RLS2004

Post by RLS2004 »

What is the name of the MYM group in Facebook? I did a quick search within Facebook but didn't find the group. Thanks for the reply!
RLS

Bernie157

Post by Bernie157 »

The name is "MYM Users". Searching for MYM or the full name should find it.
--------
Bernie in IL

bex1210

Post by bex1210 »

Bernie:

I also have an issue with MYM's C.O.P.Y. function, but it is not the same as the one that RLS2004 described to you in 2010 in this thread.

I too use a Cash account, into which I make deposits, and then spend from it. My normal procedure is to reconcile it at the end of each calendar year to whatever the balance of cash I have on hand at the time. Usually this requires me to make a small offsetting deposit/withdrawal so it will balance.

That way all of my MYM accounts are reconciled at the end of the year.

I always maintain 2 years of data in my active data set. So as I write this, I have all of 2017 plus the 1st 3+ months of 2018 in my data sets. Also, I check the option that all unreconciled transactions remain in the active data set, no matter what year they were transacted. This helps in case a check was lost, a credit card charge not billed to me, etc.

But at the end of 2017, I made a mistake, and did not reconcile my Cash account. So my Cash account contains all transactions from Jan. 2015 through today.

I cannot find a way to run C.O.P.Y. to correct this problem. My active (i.e., 2018) data set only allows me to do a C.O.P.Y. for the year 2018. I tried opening my 2016 data set, but whatever flag C.O.P.Y. sets, it thinks I have run the C.O.P.Y. routine, and won't let me make any changes. My 2015 & 2016 data sets contain all the Cash account transactions from those specific years, but they are not noted as being reconciled.

I guess I could just manually delete the 2015 & 2016 Cash transactions in my active data set, but that does not seem to be a very elegant solution.

Do you know of some way that I can trick MYM so that I can do a correct reconcile of my Cash account for the years 2015 & 2016?

On another subject, I assume that this is the only functioning MYM forum, since Compuserve eliminated all of their forums? I see that Starkey's site is still functional, but it is not really a forum.

Harry Ward